Monday, January 2, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] introduction, hopes and dreams.

I caught the tail-end of a friend's project on Facebook a couple of months ago. I liked it. He posted a photo a day for the whole year. That's it. I loved the simplicity of the project - do one thing every day of the year. Simple but at the same time, pretty hard to stick to!

I'm going to try and do the same thing. But I'm also going to try and post a drawing a day, too.
Because I like a challenge.

The challenges that I can see I'm going to face at the moment are travel-related - I'm scared of having a hard time finding an internet connection as we travel around. But I'm not too worried - I'll deal with that when I get to it.


Here are my rules.

1. The photo posted must have been taken on the day it is posted. No reserve photos.

2. The drawing posted must have been drawn on the day it is posted. No reserve doodles.

3. My limit for being cheeky and combining the photo and the drawing as a double post (counting as the photo itself and the drawing) is 5% of the project. Rounding up. That's 19. No more.

4. I can use any camera I can get my hands on. Whether it belongs to me or someone else - if it's a photo that I've taken, it counts. Sometimes that'll be the only way I can post it here.

5. My deadline is midnight of whatever timezone I am in.

6. Should circumstances dictate that I am late home of an evening, I shall post the photo before I go to sleep on that day. This should not be that often.

7. Ultimately, I'm not going to worry about it. I'm just going to do my best.


I'm looking forward to trying to sum up a day with a photo. I'll be keeping track of the number of photos I take altogether, what a lot of them are of, etc. and I'll post that at the end of the project.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I'll find it a challenge!

To open:

This was taken as we were going over a little lake on our way home from town this evening.


Some spaceship doodles. I'm not that good with vehicles, so this looks about the right time to learn.

Some favourites from the sheet o' doodles:



It was just a bit of fun messing round with shapes and things, but at the same time I'm really happy with them!

I got "Lift Off" by Scott Robertson yesterday. A lovely late Christmas/on time New Year present! From what I've read so far it's amazing. I'll be wearing it out this year, no doubt.

Until next time...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment