Tuesday, January 31, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [XXX].

Interstate 30 goes between Texas and Arkansas. Route 30 goes between Oregon and New Jersey. That's the best I can do for today.

Talking about today:


I'm in a sewing funk. This is my effort to get out of it. It's for a good friend back home and I'm excited to send it out.


I like the fact that these images take a very short amount of time to load. The photos take a while. This is a Big Sword. Looking back at the other weapons I've drawn, I can see that the Longsword is bigger, so I'm just going to have to draw a Bigger Sword tomorrow.

So the flat rate boxes here have upped in price... In one sense, it's not really flat rate, but then again it's still going to be the same price for wherever we send it. Sort of. And obvious triple-the-price rule applies to overseas, so that's nice.

Also, I got a letter from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service telling me that I have given my biometrics in and that they are now going to resume processing my application. Although it is very good news, it shouldn't have been news at all and I have found this aspect of the government(!) to be disgustingly slow and frustratingly inept. Thanks, USCIS. I've only been waiting for permission to work for FOUR MONTHS. I'm required to stay in the country for six months while my Green Card application goes through, yet the government, in their wisdom, see it fit to have me wait four months before letting me work to support my wifey and I.

I just don't have the time to tell you how frustrated I am and how inadequate I've found these guys to be.

But saying, that. My God provides. He provides big time. We're still more than comfortable, despite having no income whatsoever and having spent all we had on my Green Card. We have an amazing family round us; both Melissa's folks and the guys at church. They're supporting us hugely and it is so, so appreciated. We're going to be fine. 'tis but a season.

I'm off to make more dolls :D

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment