Thursday, March 1, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [LX].

February the 29th is only the 60th day of the year every four years.
The icosidodecohedron has 60 equal sides. I haven't done a shape fact before, so here's one.

I'm watching Adventure Time right now and it's amazing. Why I haven't seen this before is beyond me.

I've had a great day drawing out a mural that I'm doing for my friend. It's going well, but I need to get some supplies tonight.

For today:


I keep calling this the pond. It's the pool. I'm just waiting for the bullfrogs to come and populate it. Gonna eat me some frawg legs.


Thought I'd draw what I wore today. I fought off a big creative block (it's arrows are on the right) and got some big doodling done. With my pencil spear and sketchbook shield, I was ready to go. And go I did.

Yesterday I was talking about guns. Again. I'm going to make the most of it while I'm here. There were two more guns that I really like that was going to show you and also a rifle/pistol combo that's similar to the 4/10 shotgun and The Judge yesterday.

The former:


The Colt 1849 Pocket Model revolver. A beautiful little handgun, seen here with everything it needs to be loaded and fired. Not the quickest to reload, but it's so nice! I first saw this as part of a Vampire Killing Kit made by someone on DeviantART. A very nice looking kit - a whole lot of time and money had gone into it. The gun was in the description, so I could search and find some great images.


I found the gun that I saw yesterday. The guy we're working for at the moment once did a job for a family and, as payment, was given the woman's father's handgun. It's an Iver Johnson revolver made a long, long time ago. Iver Johnson was an American bicycle, motorbike and arms company founded by a gunsmith from Norway. This is the second model hammerless revolver and you can tell by the placement of the safety catch - it's on the face of the trigger. This means that the gun was made between 1897 and 1908. The hammerless part is apparent - there's no hammer to cock before firing - it's internal. It gives this pistol a very unique look and I really like that.

Finally, the 4/10:Judge parallel.


This is the Winchester 1892 .44-40. An amazing rifle that - yes - I would love to own.


This is the .44-40. I've had the fortune of being able to press a few of these myself and they are chunky! A lot of weight behind them. I've been told that they are the cowboy's choice because they are taken and fired from both rifles like the one above...


and pistols like this one. So whereas the shotgun cartridge is usable in the 4/10 and The Judge, the .44-40 can be used in both rifles and pistols alike.

Man, that's a lot of gun talk. I'll tone it down from now on!

I'm going to get some food.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment