Friday, March 30, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [LXXXIX].

I went to a great bike shop today to pick up my father-in-law's new motorbike. We met with my brother-in-law on the way so he could drive it home. Long story short, we didn't get it today - we're going to get it tomorrow.

It's an amazing bike.

Also today - this isn't my photo, so it's not going to count towards the day - I found one of these:

It is an Eastern Worm snake and I only wish I had found it before the cat did. Maybe next time. It is fossorial; which means it is adept at burrowing and spends a lot of the time on its own either underground or in dark, damp conditions.

But for my photos:


I figured this was the store version of Nando's back home. Nando's is a mostly-chicken restaurant back home that I miss a whole lot. This store sold mostly chicken, so I thought it good to get a photo of it.


A rough idea of how I'm going to draw out the pricing list for my facebook page. Not as good as I've drawn before, but I'll try again another time. From left to right; normal, big ears, big hands, tail and cordyceps. Cordyceps is a more of a joke - look it up. It's a fungus that takes over the insides of an insect before rooting it down and smashing through it's husk before sporing again. Buh. Ants that exhibit symptoms of the fugal infection are physically removed from the colony and left on their own to expire. It's freaky.

That's it for today. I'm super stoked to have found that snake - more so because it's nonvenomous and I want to catch one...

I love snakes.

Ugh. I don't know what snake it is any more. It's either a rough earth snake, smooth earth snake or an eastern worm snake. Either way it's cute and I want one.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment