Monday, April 30, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CXX].

There's no picture here today - I'll post one tomorrow.  It's important to say just this:

Today, my wifey and I have been blessed.  We were given a cheque that pretty much covers her visa.  This is huge - it is so much bigger than I can possibly convey in this post; in this blog.  It's ridiculously huge.

We've been praying for God's provision for a long, long time now and to see it happen and to see our prayers get answered is something that has left my wifey and I pretty speechless.

We are tithers.  I'll explain.
I'm the Bible, instructions were given way back in the day as to how to go about providing for the priests in the churches.  In a nutshell, people were told to give 10% of all of their firstfruits - that is 10% of their harvest before they use any of the 90% that they had for themselves; 10% of a herd or flock of livestock before they used the other 90% for themselves; 10% of their grains and fruits before they used their 90% for themselves.

The idea was that in giving an offering - a gift - to God's house (the church), the people would be providing the priests with all they needed - clothes, food, etc.

In a book called Malachi, God says this: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

Basically, God says that the one thing we can test Him in is the practice of tithing - giving the first 10% of what we gain - the first 10% of our increase.

Understand that we don't do this as some sort of warped payment for God's blessing; we don't.  We do it because it's the right thing to do.  We're told to do it.  We're not giving God this 10%, we're bringing it to Him.  The difference is that it's not really ours to give - it's all God's.  All we can do is bring it.  If I borrow your car, I don't give it back as a gift; I bring it back because it's yours.  It's the same thing - I don't give God my tithe, I simply bring it back to where it belongs.

I'll round this up as best I can.

We have been tithing this year on everything we've got.  Whether or not it means we can afford the things we've needed was irrelevant.  The fact that we need money for my wifey's visa has been second to the fact that we want to honour God and do the right thing.  So we've tithed all year.

Tonight, we saw the floodgates open.  We saw the biggest immediate need in our lives met.  And then some.

I cannot recommend tithing enough.  I cannot recommend a life with God enough.  It's the most exciting, on-edge life you could want or ask for.  Man, it's good.

I'm pretty certain that I could have been a little more coherent, so please forgive me there.  If you have any questions about any of the things I've said or if you just want to talk or argue or whatever, then feel free to email me or comment here.

Sorry there's been no picture today - there'll be more than enough tomorrow.  We're just very excited and extremely happy.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment