Tuesday, May 1, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CXXI].

Could I ask a favour?  I don't like asking anything of you, since I appreciate your time a whole lot, but if you could post a comment under this post I'd love to see who's reading.

Here are yesterday's photos:



I love ants.  I say that quite a bit.  Here's a load of them milking aphids on a branch in the back yard.



I've seen a few of these - loads when we got the trees cut down the other day!  They are like aphids but twice the size!



Five of us were at a spot in Barling last night chilling out.  We were skimming stones on a pond and noticed that at the top of a pit we found ourselves in was this tree.  The bottom left branch looks like it's floating, so I took a photo of it.



We found a good number of these toads as we were getting ready to leave the pond.  Tiny little Dwarf American Toads.



And this is what we were wanting to see at the end of the day.  This was taken a while after, but we watched the sunset from a great high point in the town.  Wonderful.



Ugh.  We were also wanting to find some snakes through the afternoon and evening, so we were jumping out of the car regularly.  We found no snakes, but I got a load of ticks crawling over me.  Buh.



And finally, today I drew out another picture of a creature that I dreamt of a couple of weeks ago.  It needs some sort of refining, but this is the gist of it.

Time for bed.  We're getting ready to leave the country in a week and a half (or something like that), so we're busy packing up and doing the rounds, seeing people for the last time, things like that.  It's great fun but pretty stressful when it comes to arranging the week hour by hour.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment