Saturday, April 28, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CXVIII].

I thought I'd post this now and then either post a picture update later or edit this one and add some doodles later.  Either way here are some photos from today:



I found my favourite turtle today!  Sternotherus odoratus - the Eastern Musk Turtle.  I saw what I think was a cottonmouth swimming in a lake while my wifey and I were eating breakfast.  I went over to see and it slipped under the water a few yards away.  I was looking down at the shallower parts and saw this little guy chilling by the edge of the water.  I had to lie down and lean over a little ledge to grab it, but it was worth it!  This is about as big as they get, I think.  That's right.  Cute pet size.



This was when it was getting a bit more active.  It stayed in it's shell for a while, but it's always just a matter of time until they get used to people being round and venture out.



Yea, my wifey thinks they're cute, too.  Definite pet material.  (Note:  Although this is photographed in the car, we didn't bring this guy home with us.  That's not legal).




Of course, we need close ups.  Peeking out of the shell is a good start.




And then these shots as it got a bit more active.  It was scuttling away pretty quickly, so I didn't get a whole lot of shots while it was out of it's shell.

These turtles are great.  We had a cool time playing with it before we put it back and went about our day.  This afternoon, we relaxed and went fishing - my wifey caught 4 fish!  Very cool.

I'll update the blog again later.  Whether it's an edit of this post or just another post.  We'll see.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment