Wednesday, April 11, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CI].

The game Fallout 3 starts with you, the player, as a character in Vault 101. The game really takes place outside this vault, but this is a good fact for the number 101.

101st Airborne Division was the place 'Easy Company' was assigned to in Band of Brothers. The 101st Airborne Division's motto is "Rendezvous with Destiny" and their nickname is the Screaming Eagles.

It's been a great day. I took a three hour nap this morning. I don't normally nap so I know I needed to catch up if I slept this long!

For today:


My father-in-law was trimming up some hedges and making the garden a bit tidier. He came across this little nest and got me outside to look at it. Some lovely little eggs in there! I took some photos and left it alone.


Threw some colour onto the Frogsnakes I drew yesterday. I don't know what to arm then with - if anything. And I'm torn between giving them loud warning colours and giving them colours to blend in places... Maybe both.

I joined the Herps of Arkansas forums today. It's a great site. I uploaded a couple of photos and said hi to the guys on there. Nice bunch from my first impressions.


We went to the Janet Huckabee Nature Centre for dinner. My father-in-law got us a load of Chili's and we ate it by the lake. Then I went fishing for a bit. I caught three of these guys in 5 minutes with a single caterpillar! Then one more about an hour later.


Here's the third one I caught. They weren't very big at all. I'm going to get some smaller hooks and take my wifey out there again some time this week. The hooks we were using were about 1/4 - 1/3 of the length of this fish!

Time for bed. I'm super stoked after a day of cleaning, Herp-foruming and fishing. And Chili's.

Also, my cousin-in-law made a huge decision this afternoon - she became a Christian! She asked God to forgive her of all the things she's done wrong and is now looking to live a life that resembles that of Christ. It's a hard decision to follow but man, is it worth it! If the only reason that my wifey and I were here this whole year was so that my wifey would be available to pray with her cousin this afternoon, then that's good enough for us. This is a great day.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment