Saturday, April 21, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CXI].

Finally back on track with the blog!  It's been a mad few days and I'm still having to fight with my computer every time I want to do something, but at least now I can semi-constantly post up here!

111 is the emergency telephone number in New Zealand.

Arkansas has a total of 111 reptile and amphibian species.  I like this fact a lot.

For today:


We went to Catfish Hole tonight and I had frogs legs and ocean clams.  Lovely stuff.  Really nice place and really friendly staff.


Detective Froghands.  A detective with frog hands.  A work in progress.


Snake man.  Because Detective Froghands was actually drawn yesterday.


And although not a drawing, I'm making a car out of a couple of boxes and I love it!  I bought a glue gun for it and everything!  I haven't used a glue gun in years and it's been so much fun putting it together this afternoon.  Now all I have to do is paint it and give it to the kid I'm making it for.


I thought I'd flip some racks and things in the back yard and see if I could find any snakes.  I found this little lady instead.  Buh.


As bad as it is, I couldn't help but run back and get my macro extension.  That hourglass shape is too cool to let it go unphotographed!

I'm off to Devil's Den with a church group a week tomorrow.  Can't wait!  I've been told of a great spot to look for snakes, so I'm going to be taking my snake finding boots and my bag of tricks.  Although I don't know what's in my bag of tricks yet.

Better yet - it's my wifey's birthday in three days!  I've got some things planned but I can't disclose them here.  Not until they're done, anyway  :)

Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on.  We're getting ready to leave soon, so that's sort of fun.  You know when you're on holiday and you're getting to the last days and they start to go faster and faster?  Yea, that's how we're feeling at the moment.  So many people to see before we go, so many things to do before we leave.  We're not leaving forever, but we're also not sure when we'll be coming back, so it's a bit sad.  Although we are so stoked to be blessed enough to be able to go back and forth like we do.  I can't wait for my Masters course to start, we can't wait to get involved with the church in Longton again.  So much we're looking forward to and so much we'll miss.  We're are truly getting a good dose of each others' culture and as time goes by we'll be able to refine what we do when we're in each country to get the most out of each visit.

I love it here - I love the fact that I could go and shoot some guns whenever I want and I can go and look for so many varieties of herps when I want (see fact number two for today)!

But I also love home.  It's home.  I don't have to worry about whether or not seeing a doctor will put me in debt.  I guess that's a thing.  There's just something about being home that makes me feel like all is well.  Best country in the world.

I'm going to further plan things for my wifey's birthday and so forth  :D

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment