Monday, February 27, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [LVII].

B'hrian Bloodaxe (the first Low King of the dwarves) killed 57 trolls in the legendary Battle of Koom Valley on Discworld.

Even thinking of reading some Terry Pratchett takes me way back to lying in a caravan in rainy Cumbria. I love that!

For today:


My new canvas! I'm so stoked to start this - I'm drawing out a big mural for my friend. The one who took me shooting yesterday, actually. I'm really looking forward to it! Pastels and markers and charcoal and everything.


A little skeledoodle. Sort of. It's either a skeleton mouth or a sewn up mouth. Eh. I know I haven't drawn much this weekend, but I'll get back into it. And I've drawn a whole lot more than if I wasn't doing this project. I know it's only a small thing, but yea, I wouldn't have done anything at all if it wasn't for this project. Not that I don't like drawing - obviously not! It's just that when one hits a wall or a block or a slow patch, one tends to slow down or stop for a day.

Well we met some really nice folks this evening. They train rescue/cadaver dogs. It's quite remarkable. Their old one - Levi - once detected a body 117 feet below the surface of a lake. One hundred and seventeen feet underwater. He was just chilling out on the rescue boat, twitched his head when he smelled that he was over the body and then his owner marked the spot on his GPS. Body found! Unbelievable.

I'm not feeling too hot and I ate so much this afternoon that it feels like I could give up food for lent and be fine. I'm going to sleep it off tonight and run it off tomorrow.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment