Tuesday, May 22, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CXXXIX - CXLIII].

Well the past few days have been a lovely roller coaster of feelings.  Mostly unbelief that the UK Border Agency is so woefully unhelpful.

Mt wifey and I are soon going to be sending off for her visa.  This is very exciting but at the same time, it's a nice test of our faith.  See; we have enough money to get the deposit and first month in a property in Preston, where we're wanting to live.  But all of that money - every penny - is going towards the visa.  This is good because we need the visa.  But this is bad because we also need that money for a house.  You may see our problem.

That's the gist of it, anyway.  There are a load of other little bits that either change with the amount of people who tell us about them or small things which are somewhat in the way.

And that's also why I haven't been posting much recently.  Yesterday I spent 7 hours on the phone in a mix of visa questioning and job searching.  It was pretty tedious.  I also found out that while the UK Border Agency has a 'phone service'; this service is completely automated and instead of giving you an answer, at the end of whatever button combination it asks you for, an automated voice comes on and tells you - quickly and only once - an email address to send you enquiry to and that they'll get back to us in two weeks.  Which is so unhelpful I cannot think of a metaphor.  My frustration at all of this is huge and it's now just culminated in me getting very tired and depressed.

So apologies once again for the lack of pictures.  I have taken a good few, but haven't had the time to upload them.  Which sucks because it doesn't take long.  But that's how much time we've had.

I'll upload again soon.

Thanks for sticking with me  :)

Actually - here's one of the drawings I did a while back.  I still love it and I've been looking forward to doing something like this again.


Dogsword the Demolisher - originally by Jouste; this one's my rendition.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment