Friday, June 1, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CXLIV - CLIII].

Day something something.  Let's write off May as 'in transit'.

Today saw patriotism so tangible I had to swim through it to get to town this afternoon.  Not only does this weekend see the start of the Jubilee, with our dear Queen celebrating her 60th year on the throne, but today we had the Olympic Torch make it's way through the town.  My wifey and I and my mum and dad got a good look as the guy carrying it ran past with a surprisingly conspicuous and blend-in-able looking entourage.  Most peoples' views were somewhat obscured by a select few who gathered reasonably tightly around as the flame was passed.  I didn't even realised it had happened until I saw that the spritely young man who had passed us moments before had now been switched out with a slightly more frail lady.  A lady who obviously treasured the opportunity to carry the torch, twirling as she got to the top of the bridge she set off from.

Waiting for the torch to pass was a nice experience.  It was a similar to chatting at home, but instead, we were stood at the corner of a street.

A few squads of police bikes made their way past, followed by a couple of buses and cars advertising various products and companies.  At one point, a bus went by and I saw a lady in it holding her torch.  I thought that was it until half an hour later when the actual runner went by.  Following them pretty closely was a car advertising a bookies, which I'm pretty sure wasn't representing a real sponsor of the Olympics. And then it was regular traffic.

And that was it.  The crowd dispersed and went on their way.  People looked at their Union Flags with bewilderment as the realisation set upon them that - really - they don't need them.  And they could have done something better with whatever amount it was that they paid for them.



Upon starting this post, I realised that the memory card with all of today's photos on is currently at a friend's house after she was kind enough to shoot my wifey and I for our anniversary.  The camera has been shooting all day - at least 600 photos.  Which is ridiculous.

So here's a picture I took the other day.  My mum has got a rose bush in the garden an it produces really great orange roses.  It's blurry because one of the lenses on the fisheye attachment had a smudge on it from when we played the eye game - a game where you put the fisheye lens over your eye and try to walk across a room to high-five someone.  I've been the high-five..ee more often than not and have been hit in the face twice.

In other news I found another bug in Skyrim.

"Another?"  I hear you cry in utter disbelief.  "Surely that means you'd have had to have found at least one before this?!"

Well this one is a little more irritating.  I say a little.  It was pretty frustrating when I found myself walking through a wall and falling out of a city limit, before hovering over a grey expanse for a while until I decided to get somewhere else.

But this was the sort of bug that doesn't go away when you come back to it.  I can go back to that city and it'll be fine - all the walls intact.  But this?  No.

I was on my merry way to kill a zombie dragon, following a girl by the name of Delphine.  I knew where we were going, but I thought it may be character-building to walk the whole way with her - instead of fast-traveling (teleporting) there only to find out she got there just as quick.  A short while into our journey, we came upon a fellow casting a spell of some sort and behaving in a way that was less that health-building to our characters.  So I got out my bow and made sure he wasn't a problem any more.  Or his little fire creature that he was hanging round with.

No sooner had the problem been dealt with, I turn around to find Delphine running at me with a couple of swords!  Unsure as to what to do - seeing as I sort of needed her to be alive for the mission - I ran until she was off the radar.  As soon as that happened, I fast-traveled to the place we were meant to meet.  Sure enough, she was already there.  But because the AI had me as an enemy, she just attacked me straight away.  I fought back until she should have expired, but she just knelt down and regained her strength.  Thinking it was a test and that after a few times of doing this, she'd get up and say words to the effect of "This was a test and you've passed," I carried on.

But it wasn't a test.  It was AI gone awry and there was no stopping it.

At one point, while she was subdued, I went to the place that we were meant to be going and a huge zombie dragon jumped out of the ground and started shouting at me.  And breathing fire at me, but the shouting annoyed me more.

At this point in the game, Delphine is meant to come and help me out, but with the stellar AI, she just started hitting me.  So I was fighting a huge zombie dragon and this crazy chick with sharp things!

Once the dragon was dead I figured I'd leave it at that and call it a day, but the mission is not going to be complete without finally talking to Delphine.  Who tries to kill me every time I'm however close I need to be for her to fire arrows my way.

Load game.  Start the mission again.

Life, hey?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment