Friday, May 4, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CXXIII and CXXIV]. Part 2.

Well this post is a day late, but at least it's here!  Last night my computer decided it would do me a huge favour and not let me onto my blog.  Something about malware that it has now, evidently, completely forgotten about.  So I'm on again!

For yesterday:


Very happy with these.  We were walking in from the car last night after meeting up with some friends (who cook steak so well that I will never find one as good.  So thanks to them for ruining that for me) and I decided to shine a torch (flashlight) around and look for stuff in the driveway.  Sure enough, in a corner where the garage meets the drive, this little guy was chilling out for the night.  I kept the torch on it while I took a photo, but I wasn't really happy with the shots I was getting.



So I switched it up a bit and decided to experiment!  I had the light on it while I got it in focus and then turned the light off to take the photo.  The ISO was as low as possible and the shutter stayed open for about 30 seconds.  In that time, I quickly shone the light around the toad from several different angles and got this pretty nicely lighted picture!  I'm really happy with it.  The only blurred part if where the throat was going in and out, but I don't really care  :)



A before and after shot of the mural that I (finally) finished.  I got some bad masking tape that took a long, long time to get off well.  But other than that, it was a joy to do.  Here's one of the last pictures I took while it was all taped up and sealed and whatnot.



And then here's the after shot!  I'm really happy with the way it's turned out.  It was looking pretty sharp, so I fuzzed up the edges a bit with some spray paint.  It was great fun to work on and hopefully, I'll get some requests for more!  My friend absolutely loved it so I'm really, really happy.

Thats it for yesterday.  Today sees my wifey and I packing up to leave (we're packing early so we can enjoy the weekend) and then I'm taking her to a prom  :D  Our own prom for just the two of us.  It's going to be great!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment