Wednesday, June 20, 2012

[Project:ThreeSixFive] Day [CLXXII - CLXXIII].

My little brother turned 21 yesterday.  I think he celebrated by going to the gym and having some Chinese food in the evening.  I'm pretty certain that that's not all he did, but I haven't asked him much more.


A borrowed figure (plus a couple of arms) for the purpose of thinking through another character design for one of my projects.  I was pretty happy with the quick, line drawing back next to it.  It was a template for the drawing below - a different location for the hourglass marks.



And here's the idea for the other location.



A quick gas mask study.  Because it's the first obvious choice for quick drawn studies.



A LARPer.  Or my experience of one.  Minus the hair, yes, but everything else is included.  I believe that's lightning in his right hand.



One of my friend from the course has created a blog - 2hourchallenge.blogspot.com - so go and have a look-see!  This groups of doodles was from the challenge to draw a video game character in a way that the character hasn't been drawn before.

The challenge rules are simple - 1/2 hour prep time - gathering sources and ideas and inspiration, etc and then 2 hours drawing time.  It doesn't have to be one two hour stint, but the total time taken to draw out your final idea shouldn't be more than 2 hours.  Than you email it to him and he posts it on the blog.

It's a fantastic idea and it's something that I will be trying to contribute to as much as I can.

For this challenge, I took Pyro - the greatest character in TF/TF2 - and tried to see what I could do.  These are my thumbnails to see where I would take it; and I included them in my 1/2 hour thought-gathering process.



Then I thought it'd be cool to see what Link would look like in one of the thumbs I'd drawn, so there's why he's in the bottom one here.  After that, I went off on one and figured the Pyro may never have been drawn as a Native American before - so that ended up with the top thumbnail here.  Instead of a flamethrower, I gave him a torch and instead of a Firemans' axe, I gave him a tomahawk.



So that led to another pose of the Native American Pyro (with the opposite view of Link fromt he thumbs above)...



And another...



And that's when I thought "This is going well; I think I'll draw Link again a few more times."



And here's the final image.  Of sorts.  I figured I'd taken the challenge off course, so I decided to see it through to at least a good drawing of Link.  Bow and arrow option here, with little Navi up to the right, there.  Once Photoshop gets a-goin' I'll throw some colours on this.



Speaking of colours (seamless), my wifey and I stopped off at the side of a pub to watch this guy do his thang for a while.  It was really nice to watch.  He said he tried to so a new one every week - weather permitting.

I'm going to wrap it up here.  I've got a bit to say about the footy - as most Englishmen will - but it's not too important to lose sleep over.  There was another thing, too, but it's slipped my mind.  Maybe it'll make it's way back in there by tomorrow.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment