Friday, April 23, 2010

Painting. Spring 2010.

At last! I have found the pictures of my paintings. This isn't all of them but it is - I think - the work I did in the first half of the semester.

Still life study in duotone.

Still life study in complementary colours.
Still life study in analogous colours.

Master copy. We were given a couple of 4"x4" pieces of bigger pictures to take home and paint. This was one of mine.

This was another one. We all brought them back in a put them together to form the big pictures it was cool.

Another Master copy. I enjoyed this one a bit more then the others. I think it was because the style is a bit different. I enjoyed that.

Colour spotting assignment. We cut a little hole in a piece of card and painted on orange by looking at little bits of it at once and using the colour that we saw. It was really interesting to see the different shades once you'd singled them out.

Another Master copy. With this one I learnt to look for - and use - the colours under the ones I see. As in - if there's a green, I'll put down a big splash of green and then go over the bits I don't need later with another colour.

A painting of eggs. This assignment was to paint white on white and pick up on all the different shades.

Another white on white. This one is the little sketch that I usually do before I put the paint on. I've learnt that using vine charcoal for this process is pretty good. I don't like it too much, because it mixes with the colour and makes them a bit darker and I haven't been able to get it off the image completely without smudging it in, but hey, that's what practice is for.

The completed white on white. Deer skulls. I really liked this piece. It encouraged me to see how much I've improved over half a term.

At the moment I'm painting a triptych of telegraph poles. I'm hoping it's going to be pretty good. I'll have to go and get back to doing that now, though. :)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment