Tuesday, April 9, 2013

After the holidays.

I'd imagine this is the academic version of a hangover.

This knowing that for the last couple of weeks you've been free to have done anything and everything you wanted.  To know that you made some good decisions and drew a fair bit.  Made a bit of depth for the project you're working on.  To have seen this day on the horizon in the very distance of your first-day-off shores.  And to now be here.  Looking at a screen for seven hours straight.  Modeling a little creation that you drew up a week ago.  Although itching to make it and push it forward, you can't help but feel that you could have been drawing even more in the no-man's land of downtime between first creating it and now modeling it.

Still.  Work is work and I will push ever-forward.  Or sideways.  I'm not sure which way is which at this point.

Here's a thing:

The first look at my little 'bot.  I'm pretty happy with it, though I can't for the life of me stand to think of doing any more on it today.  Good fun.

I have a wealth of sketchbook pages to scan up and put here.  A whole Semester full of doodles and notes.  It's going to be a big post.  Maybe several large posts.

I have to go now.

I have a lot more work to do.

I freakin' love drawing.

Peace.

Oh - here's a poem I just read.  It's really nice:

"Could we with ink the Ocean fill
And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on Earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the Ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Though stretched from Sky to Sky."  - Frederick M. Lehman.

No comments:

Post a Comment