Thursday, September 20, 2018

Projects.

Following the post I made last month regarding outlets, I've been pushing to do concurrent projects throughout the day.

It works.  Sort of.

I'm still working on a few things at once, and it's going pretty well.  See now, if a project needs something and I don't have it, I'm not waiting until I do have it to keep going at all - I simply move onto the next project and work on it a little, then once I've acquired the thing I need for the first one, go back to that and work on that some more.

So I've had some D&D homebrew on the go, with both writing and illustrating; I've had a few DIY bits at home; the toy design project I have going; I'm trying to plan out a rabbit hunting trip and plan for the next phase of creating a garden for next year.  It's a whole lot of fun.

For the next four weeks, I'm going to post up some illustrations and information on my D&D homebrew stuff, along with everything else.  I thought it'd be fun to share some stuff, and I'm going to hold myself to a weekly schedule for the next four weeks (starting small).

I'm working on a few things throughout the world I've made right now; namely giants.  As with most of the things I create, I know that there is something out there already in terms of lore and rules, but I really enjoy simply taking the title or name of that thing and starting from there; building my own creatures, factions, orders, weapons, etc.  Giants are no different.  I know that I could go to the Monster Manuals and look them up; get their stats, traits, and flavour texts - but I'd much rather start with the idea of a group of isolated giants and create their environments and habitats; their relationship with each other, and their relationship with the world.  Just build everything up from the ground.

So for the next four weeks, I'll be posting one or two at a time; their information, and some doodles I've been creating to go with them.

Henceforth, for four more weeks, Fridays will be known as Giant Fridays.

It's also becoming that wonderful time of the year when people all over the world are preparing their gardens to overwinter and so I reckon there'll be something related to that coming up.  Because wifey and I are super excited about all that, and it's started to cool down a little bit.  I could wait for a drop another ten or so, but I don't mind.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment