Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Magic Mondays.

Following the idea of Giant Fridays, I'm going to start posting a Magic Monday every month.

I've got a few decks together over the years that I've enjoyed playing a shaping, and I have a great deal of fun using them in a game.  Granted, most - if not all - of the cards in them are no longer tournament legal, but out of the two other people I know here that play, neither of them care - one, in fact, still plays with white-edge cards.  Super illegal.  I don't win much against him.  Maybe twelve times in four years, to possibly overestimate.

I really don't mind losing, since all we're going to do is reshuffle and play again a minute after the end of the game.  Losing is something that helps me figure out how to do things better next time.

Anyhoo, I figured I'd throw up a list of cards that I run with the decks that I've put together.

I'll say this right at the start:  I am extremely upset with myself that I dismantled the first deck I ever made in order to reuse the cards.  I had a Red/Green deck and a Blue/White deck that I'd put together at the very beginning of my interest in the game - the cards given to me from my a good friend so he could teach me how to play.  I knew that I would normally have kept all those cards together in the same decks forever, and I wanted to push myself to do something new and so I broke them up to use the cards again in different decks.  I have regretted it since the day I did it, and I'll never, ever remember the first 60 cards I played with as Red/Green.  That makes me sad.

Right now, I'm building themed decks.  I'm less about aggro, control, etc. and more about Minotaurs and Hydras and whatever colours they utilitse.

I'll post about the Minotaur deck first.  It's the first deck I ever put together deliberately.  Instead of seeing what colours I wanted to combine, I thought I'd look at the creatures, and then any instant/sorcery/artifact cards that could work well with them.  It just so happens that most Minotaurs fall into Red/Black, so that's the deck I have.  I really like it and I would say it's the deck that I've put most money into.

Not a whole lot, mind, but certainly more than any other deck I have right now, since I've been creating this one for nearly two years.  Once of the cards was around the $8 mark, so I got that for a special occasion (I can't remember if it was my birthday, or after a huge week of overtime.  Or both).

I have a blast playing it.  I'd play it all day.  It's my go-to deck for warming up.

I'll list those cards and why I've got them this coming Monday.  Magic Monday.  And I'll aim to post about other decks on the first Monday of the month at least until Christmas.

Then I'll use this as an excuse to build more decks...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment