Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Faster than I expected.

Although I need to practice a lot (and also re-learn anatomy), I've been shown a wonderful way of getting a nice, smooth surface for my alien and - at the same time - have the ability to sculpt the thing like clay or some other such material.  Wizard!

Here it is at the moment.  Apologies for the early anatomy - I just wanted to get a good idea of how the process works:






I've taken away his eyes for the time being.  What's going to be easier - now that I'm focusing on the shape and not a low poly count - is to make eye sockets and then fill them with a ridiculously high-poly spheres.  Yea!

As I said, the anatomy leaves much to be desired, but I now have a great deal of time to re-sculpt this guy - even if it's a couple of limbs at a time.  What's also good about this is that I can duplicate this alien and create an example of the other castes of the society.  Not a bad idea.

I'm off to see if I can find some modeling clay to make a bust of one of these at home.  Might be good fun to try.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment