Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A little better.

My tutor, Josh, showed me a much easier way of modeling.  Different strokes for different folks - not everyone models the same way.  I enjoy this way.

The picture of the creature I'm trying to make here isn't on this computer, so I'll have to upload it next time.  For now, here's the model of it:


It's an Ant-Headed monkey.  Of sorts.  I was really pleased with the drawing so I thought I'd try and do something with it.  I know the thing is blocky and I've left the legs out of the image for a reason.  I've still got a long way to go but I'm really happy to have done this today  :D

Now all I need to do is learn how to do textures and get this thing coloured.

I may use this as a test for my model-map-print-draw-scan line of working.  Or I may use something smaller and a bit more simple...

:UPDATE:
Here's the picture:


In hindsight I see I got the antennae mixed up with another character I drew a while ago, but that's fine. I'll use the damaged antennae on the model I have.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment