Friday, June 21, 2013

Worky.

I've been having a great time designing the ins and outs of the project that I'm working on.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the roles that I've been taking on and it is such a wonderful thing to be able to spend so much time on something I love.

A few more ideas that I've been getting down at the moment:


More SpEngineer love.  I'm putting together a lot of contact sheets so that I have a nice amount of reference and inspiration when I'm home and away from all things internet.  A good friend that I studied with through our bachelors is kindly modeling this character for me, so I'm very, very excited to be able to show you that in the near future.  Complete with jetpack-mounted hunting knife, if the WIP pictures I've seen are accurate.



I've been having a great time with the idea of using elemental effects on and with a character.  At the moment it's still in the baby stages and I've only been working on the SpEngineer's design.  I figured his gloves would be the most viable method of binding an elemental artifact to his body, but I'll be looking at other items of clothing and how they can be fused with effects.  The beauty of Augmented Reality is that the effects don't have to be anchored to the glove (in this case).  The bottom image shows a small flame hovering over the glove.



Using an actual 3D structure in the game is something that I've been working on, too.  The idea is that the player will be able to buy a variety of structures to have as collectible items when they are not playing, but that can be used within the game itself when the player chooses.  Above is a rough example of a plain centrepiece.  There will be tabs on the sides in which the players can attach cards that project - in this case - walls.  The players can create mazes and arenas by using these cards and structures wisely.  The possibility of having several themed boxes is very exciting - for example, the Marvellously Monstrous Box can have a set of 7 booster packs containing items specific to the theme.  There can also be two or three 3D structures that are made specifically for the box itself.



And let's not forget the star of the show.  Subject 86.  There are a good number of Subjects 87+ on their way; which is not as exciting for this guy as most of them want to kill him and eat him.  Not necessarily in that order.

I'm very excited about this project.  I say it a lot, but I mean it a lot.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment