Sunday, February 11, 2018

The grind.

I'm (still) in the midst of preparation and execution of applying to teach; I had only wanted to teach High School, but after talking to a good friend of mine who teaches Middle School, I feel confident that I would enjoy teaching either.

That, and I found that the published salary schedule for an area much closer to home is probably feasible in terms of supporting the family if I were to apply (and be accepted) to a position there.  We based buying our house

My longer-term goal is to work on my Masters in Education/Teaching and also a Bachelors in Biology, with the intention of teaching Art and Biology, and (for the Masters), just having another Masters.  Why not?!

I'd love to get to a place where I can teach art and inspire creativity to future generations, but also support field trips to the National Parks and museums.

Honestly, I'd love to combine the two and take art students on trips to aquariums and zoos and have them draw the animals there, but I know that I'd have a hard time, myself, with focusing on the drawing and not just sitting and watching the animals for hours...

All of this to say this; I'm still working towards it.  I have a friend who is sending me some material to study so that I can book my exam to qualify me to teach in this State (the same friend who teaches Middle School), so that's the only bigger thing that's coming up.  I have this month and the next two to book the test, pass the test, and apply for a position.  For reasons that I'll probably learn once I've applied, I can only apply as a Non-traditional teacher (Bachelors degree or higher with no actual teaching experience) in February, March and April.

As well as that, we're remodelling one bathroom, planning to remodel the den, as well as looking forward to getting some food sown and grown.  And I only have until the end of the month until hunting season is closed - deer, rabbit and squirrel - so I'll have to get a groove on to get some meat in the freezer before then.


Anyhoo, here's a couple of drawings.  The top one is a Fat-Tailed Narrow-mouthed Toad, and the one at the bottom is the Six-Legged Giant Toad.  They're pretty fun.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment